Prospective BSc(Hons) in Materials Science students seeking financial support must do the following, as soon as possible.
Need-based bursaries for Black South African students who will register for full-time Honours degrees in 2020
1. Apply to UCT for Postgraduate Funding by 20 November 2020 for South African students and 31 July 2020 for international students.
Visit the UCT Postgraduate Funding Office website at:
SA citizens - fill in form 10A
International citizens - fill in form 10C
You can also contact them on 021 650 5065 or email@example.com
2. Apply for an NRF bursary
Please check on the UCT Postgraduate Funding page for information about NRF bursaries
NRF Honours Framework document
NRF Application guide
3. Apply to UCT for a Harry Crossley Foundation Research Fellowship by 15 September 2020
If you have achieved or expect to achieve your undergraduate major subjects with a minimum of 65%, applicants should write a letter of application to:
The Director - PGFO
- All academic transcripts (or certified copies); if these are not available before the deadline, they must be supplied as soon as they become available
- A full Curriculum Vitae, in which the future intentions of the applicant are described
- 2 letters of reference from ACADEMICS with whom the applicant has worked or by whom the applicant has been taught.
4. Apply to Mintek for a bursary
5. Funding Opportunities
Funding opportunities are listed in the funding booklet which can be downloaded from the following link: